More Content / Content Suggestion?

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Blog Redesign: What you should be aware of ...


Welcome to Ryan E. Walters blog 2.0! It has taken me longer than I wanted, but I have finally redesigned and simplified my blog. It is my goal to make it easier and quicker for you to use and reference content going forward. Here is what you need to know to get the most out of the redesign:
The first thing that you will notice is that I have consolidated the 6 separate blogs that I was managing into one blog - one place to go to get all the information you need. I have taken every post from the 6 blogs and combined it into this one. Yes, this is one blog to rule them all ... ;)
From the main page you will be able to scroll through and view the latest entries, Tweet, +1, and Like the blog posts. I have also integrated the Facebook Commenting system, which will hopefully make for a more friendly user experience. The last big difference that you will notice on the main page is the Permalink. Now you have the option of getting the direct link to a specific post to reference in the future, or to link to from your own site.

Maintaining 6 different blogs was too time consuming for me, and I think it had the unintended consequence of making it confusing for people to find content on my site. So now there is just one place you need to go to find what you need. I liked the organization that the separate blogs afforded me, so I have retained that functionality here:
On the right hand side you will see the Quick Sort options. If you click one of these links, the entire blog will be reorganized according to just the posts for that specific topic. (I'm glad that this gets me the organization I want on my blog, and makes my life more simple ...)

You will also notice on the right hand side that I still have the links to the many ways to reach me, and to access all of the content that I have produced:
At the top, you will find links all of the social media and video content that I have produced followed by links to the online training that I offer. And of course a link to all of my stock footage. :) The online training and the stock footage are what enable me to keep providing content on this blog free of charge- so please spread the word to anyone who may benefit from these services. :)

And of course, what blog wouldn't be complete with out affiliates? I've kept my affiliate list short, as I'm more interested in providing quality links, then in filling up space with flashy ads that clutter up the blog.
At my Amazon store you will find books, videos, training materials, and equipment that I have found helpful over the years. Below that are links to my good friends at Letus and B&H. If you are already planning on making a purchase from Amazon, Letus, or B&H, please click through using these banners. While it is only pennies on the dollar, every bit helps. :)


The side bar ends with a drop down archive list of all of my posts, and a link to the RSS feed - if you are into that kind of thing. I hope this redesign makes my blog more friendly to use, and quicker for you to find the content you need. Stay tuned, as I continue to add more content to this blog ...

Until Next Time - Get Out There And Shoot!
Ryan E. Walters, Cinematographer



No comments:

Post a Comment